Kayak Trolling Motor
Torqeedo’s lightest outboard, the Ultralight 403 AC, get you to your favorite spot faster, and lets you stay there longer. It offers reliable performance, an innovative new angler mount and all the high-tech features of a genuine Torqeedo system: GPS built-in, real-time range and runtime display, solar charging and the latest lithium battery technology.
Our extremely light Ultralight 403 AC fit on all popular types of kayak and canoes, and there are special models for special requirements.
The 403 AC comes with a 915 Wh Lithium Ion Battery.
- Weight as low as 8.8 kg complete with battery
- 1 HP equivalent
- High-performance Lithium Ion Battery; (915 Wh)
- Comes including charger, throttle, onboard computer, GPS-based range calculation and emergency magnetic kill switch
- New angler mount with tilt and park mechanism, plus simple integration with the kayak’s steering unit.
- Easy to mount on fishing kayaks
- Range of up to 101 km
Ultralight 403 AC with Integrated Battery (915 Wh / 29.6 V / 31 Ah)
|Speed in km/h*
||Range in km*
||Running time in hours
* Dependent on factors such as type of boat, load, propeller and ambient conditions. Figures for speed and range are indicative only and are not a guarantee of performance.
Example: Fishing kayak Hobie Mirage Revolution (4.1 m / 26.3 kg)
Information on range and speed
For a displacement boat making way through the water, the required propulsive power increases in proportion to the cube of the speed. This means that if you want to double your speed, you need eight times as much power.
And vice-versa, a small reduction in speed is enough to increase the achievable range substantially.
The Torqeedo Ultralight's on-board computer calculates the remaining range constantly, by linking the motor's consumption data with the charging level of the batteries, and the speed over the ground from the GPS. This allows you to read the remaining range in real time from the motor display or the smartphone app TorqTrac.
Technical Data Ultralight
|Ultralight 403 AC
|Input power in watts
|Propulsive Power in Watts
|Comparable petrol outboards (propulsive power)
|Comparable petrol outboards (thrust)
|Maximum overall efficiency in %
|*Static thrust in lbs.
||915 Wh Li-Ion
|Final charging voltage
|Total weight in kg
|Motor weight without battery in kg
|Weight of integrated battery
|Shaft length in cm
(v = speed in km/h at p = power in watts)
|Maximum propeller speed in rpm
||Provision to connect to kayak rudder; lockable
||Manual with grounding protection
|Stepless forward/reverse drive
|Integrated on-board computer
* Torqeedo static thrust measurement is based on internationally accepted ISO standards. Static thrust figures for conventional trolling motors are typically measured differently, which results in higher values. To compare Torqeedo static thrust data with conventional trolling motors, add approximately 50% to the Torqeedo static thrust values.
- Equipment included: Ultralight 403 A with battery, charger, remote throttle, on-board computer, GPS-based range calculation and emergency magnetic stop key
- Warranty: 2 years for non-commercial use